Healthcare quality professionals serve in important roles within organizations. While their work is critical for improving outcomes, increasing efficiencies, and reducing costs, healthcare quality professionals go unnoticed because they often work behind the scenes. The National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) is leading efforts to bring great recognition for the impactful contributions these professionals make across the country and the world. Healthcare Quality Week (HQW) is designed to celebrate healthcare quality professionals and to show appreciation for their good work. This year, the week takes place October 15-21.
Every day, healthcare quality professionals contribute to organizations and communities around the globe by
- leading continuous improvement initiatives
- effecting, monitoring, and analyzing existing and new processes and outcome measures
- integrating new evidence-based practices into healthcare delivery
- keeping patients safe and limiting risk
- leading population health management
- ensuring regulatory and accreditation requirements are achieved
- the volume to value movement, limiting waste, and improving outcomes and reimbursements
“Healthcare quality professionals are invaluable to the success of an organization, and they are continually looking for the next improvement opportunity,” says NAHQ President Nancy Curdy, MSN MS-HQPS RN CPHQ CPPS. “In the fast-moving and complex healthcare environment that we work in, it’s essential to have trained and qualified professionals, specifically focused on systems and processes and methods of measuring, analyzing, and improving them to achieve best outcomes.”
NAHQ has developed a number of resources for organizations and individuals to join the effort in raising awareness for healthcare quality professionals and their impact in advancing healthcare quality in their organizations. Consider participating in any or all of the following simple ways:
- Recognize colleagues and team members who have the Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality® (CPHQ), the only accredited credential in healthcare quality.
- Observe Healthcare Quality Week or Day, whichever suits your organization and its budget.
- Download the free Healthcare Quality Week poster and display it as is. Or, you can add your organization’s information to the customizable poster (for customization, view in Adobe Reader or Acrobat).
- Register to attend the three complimentary webinars taking place during HQW
- Insights into the Future of Healthcare Quality
- How to Market Yourself as a Healthcare Quality Professional
- How to Effectively Communicate to C-Suite Executives
- Download the official 2017 HQW logo and e-mail signature.
- Get social.
- Change your Facebook cover photo and profile photo to promote HQW.
- Post updates and discussions on your social channels using our sample posts. Be sure to use the hashtag #HQW2017.
- Use the press release template to bring awareness to the great work you do all year long.
Visit NAHQ’s website to download these resources. And, visit the NAHQ Facebook page to see how others are celebrating and to share your own stories and photos. Tell us how you plan to recognize healthcare quality professionals and get energized for the week!
Celebrate this week and what it means to your organization by highlighting your contributions to the profession and sharing them with your internal and external stakeholders.
NAHQ: Committed to Serving Healthcare Quality Professionals
NAHQ works to prepare a coordinated, competent workforce to advance the profession of healthcare quality. NAHQ defines the standards of the profession, teaches those standards, and certifies the professionals that meet them. NAHQ offers the only accredited certification in healthcare quality—the CPHQ—and today more than 10,000 healthcare quality professionals across the continuum of care hold this credential.
“NAHQ is committed to providing healthcare quality professionals with content, resources, and networks that will help them lead quality efforts in their organizations,” explains Stephanie Mercado, CAE, NAHQ CEO and executive director. “Whether new to the profession or an experienced leader, NAHQ serves as the professional home for healthcare quality professionals at every stage of their career.”