Celebrating the Healthcare Quality Profession
Over the next few weeks, healthcare quality professionals will come together to celebrate, share, learn and network during Healthcare Quality Week and at NAHQ Next in Minneapolis, November 5-7. NAHQ is dedicated to advancing healthcare quality and through these events, we’ll showcase your role as a healthcare quality professional and help you advance as a leader. What you do is special. You make a difference. And NAHQ strives to create awareness of your important work.
Healthcare Quality Week is a time for reflecting on the value of what we do! Join the celebration of quality by sharing your experiences and appreciating your colleagues.
- Tell NAHQ your healthcare quality stories. We’ll be sharing them with our network throughout the week.
- Join us in posting photos and messages on social media using #HQW2018. To make it easy, we made some images you can use to let people know it’s Healthcare Quality Week.
- Recognize a CPHQ on CPHQ Appreciation Day, Monday, October 22. That’s a great day to start on the path of earning the CPHQ as well!
We appreciate all you do to advance healthcare quality and we’re excited to read your amazing stories and social posts!
NAHQ Next is right around the corner! We know you’re busy--taking time out from caring for others to develop your skills and grow your network is also critical. When you attend NAHQ Next, you’ll increase your value to your organization while expanding your expertise, which translates to more effective healthcare for your community. Our exceptional presenters will share their knowledge with you in sessions on:
- Health data analytics
- Population health and care transitions
- Performance and process improvement
- Regulatory and accreditation
- Quality review and accountability
- Patient safety
- Leadership and career development
If you are unable to join us in Minneapolis, November 5-7, virtual registration is also an option. The virtual event offers an opportunity to train your entire team on the latest quality best practices.
Registration is open, you can attend in person or virtually. And remember, attendees in Minneapolis can earn up to 22 continuing education hours* or up to 12 hours for virtual attendance*.
If you’re already registered, please sign up for a number of conference activities:
- Dine Arounds: These dinners are a wonderful way to connect with your colleagues and meet new people.
- Grand Rounds: Join NAHQ Volunteer Leaders and ‘round’ the NAHQ Next Solutions Center to visit with vendors in your small group.
- Career Coaching: Sign up for a one-on-one coaching appointment to discuss a career goal or challenge, and receive feedback and guidance from a coach. Meet in the Professional Development Zone inside the Solutions Center.
I look forward to reading your Healthcare Quality Week posts and seeing you at NAHQ Next! Thank you for the important work you do every day to improve outcomes and lead quality initiatives.
Let’s celebrate together in the coming weeks!
Carole Pulaski, MSA BSN CPHQ
*This activity will provide up to 22 CPHQ CE credits. In addition, this continuing nursing education was approved by American Association of Neuroscience Nurses, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.