NAHQ Employment Opportunities
Founded in 1976, the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) is the only organization dedicated to healthcare quality professionals, defining the standard of excellence for the profession, and equipping professionals and organizations across the continuum of healthcare to meet these standards. NAHQ offers the only accredited certification in healthcare quality the CPHQ®, extensive educational programming, networking opportunities, and career resources to help our members meet the challenges they face and demonstrate their value.
Over the past few years, NAHQ has experienced tremendous growth. NAHQ has nearly doubled revenue in 5 years’ time, to $7.5 million and has increased membership and certification more than 50%. This progress led to NAHQ’s transformation from a shared management model to a stand-alone organization on December 1, 2017. The transition allows for increased agility in meeting member needs, greater autonomy in decision making, and better efficiencies resulting in increased revenue for investing in new programming and services for healthcare quality professionals.
This is an exciting time for NAHQ as we seek to grow market share and expand product and program utilization across the full continuum of healthcare settings. NAHQ intends to move beyond relationships with individuals and expand to provide products and services to institutions in an effort to maintain the upward trend that it is currently experiencing.
We're looking for a team member to fill the following position:
Director of Sponsorship and Fund Development
NAHQ is seeking a Director of Sponsorship and Fund Development who will support the corporate relations strategy by leading revenue generation, executing fund development methodologies and spearheading the sponsorship and fundraising program; all essential functions that are expected to support the upward trend that NAHQ is currently experiencing. The Director of Sponsorship and Fund Development will be responsible for planning, organizing and streamlining strategies to secure funding from new and existing corporate sponsors and donors. The director will create and manage the sponsorship and fundraising program and provide insight to NAHQ’s senior staff to ensure that organizational strategic goals are met while optimizing each opportunity for growth.
- Anticipates future opportunities for NAHQ, and keeps organization current with competitive trends, new technologies, and industry standards. Champions innovation.
- Serves as internal digital consultant for leadership, project managers, and operations team to identify and prioritize needs, evaluate options, and recommend solutions. Provides business process evaluations, requirements, and risk assessments to match up with existing and future technology architectures.
Program and Financial Management
- Actively identify, cultivate and solicit prospective corporate sponsors and institutions through research and collaboration with senior staff and NAHQ volunteers.
- Determine current and prospective corporate sponsor and institutional needs and motives through research and needs analysis.
- Qualify and prioritize prospective corporate sponsors and donors based on budget, authority, need and timing.
- Oversee database of corporate sponsor and donor leads, including enriching data with new and updated information.
- Collaborate with senior staff and marketing team to develop marketing strategies for lead generation programs (e.g. email, social and webinar campaigns).
Fund Development Execution
- Secure new funding from new corporate sponsors and increase funding from existing corporate sponsors.
- Secure new institutional sponsorships and other forms of support for NAHQ’s products and programs.
- Utilize prospective fund development methodologies (i.e. cold-calling) to include email, phone calls, social media, and face to face meetings to secure funding from qualified corporations (approximately 65% is cold calling).
- Assist prospects with understanding NAHQ corporate sponsorship as well as program and product offerings which meet their needs while ensuring a smooth engagement process.
- Generate and present accurate proposals to prospective corporate sponsors and institutions.
- Demonstrate fund development progress through reports, which can include daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual fund development activities.
- Achieve agreed upon funding targets and outcomes on time and within budget.
Strategy and Planning
- In partnership with the senior leadership team, establish and manage NAHQ’s corporate sponsorship and fund development program to support the mission, strategic direction and overall upward trending growth of the organization.
- Build sponsorship program to minimize fragmented sales; leverage and grow relationship-oriented sponsorships, where mission alignment and value proposition are emphasized.
- Work effectively to support growth in all segments of NAHQ’s offerings to optimize on the opportunities across the full continuum of healthcare settings.
- Identify and develop metrics and tools to access impact of fund development and marketing strategies on a short- and long-term basis.
- Maintain and analyze industry trends to develop a comprehensive understanding of opportunity drivers.
- Monitor and analyze sponsorship feedback and recommend opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Assist with developing budgets and forecasting.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 8-10+ years of corporate relations and/or corporate development experience with a focus on fundraising and sponsorship sales.
- Proven B2B experience. Must be comfortable with cold-calling prospects.
- Ability to develop, build, and reinvent sponsorship programs.
- Proven ability to identify and address client needs and development of proposals.
- Dynamic communication style with the ability to persuade and negotiate with confidence.
- Strong experience with corporate fund development methodologies.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of digital marketing campaigns.
- Comfort with development pipeline management.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent overall writing skills including spelling and grammar.
- Highly motivated, energetic and result-driven individual.
- Resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting goals on schedule.
- Ability to work independently and possess the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry (strongly desired).
- Experience or knowledge of trade shows and sponsorship-based products and services (strongly desired).
- Experience working with CRM software (Salesforce preferred).
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Lifting: Depends on position - will use proactive safety measures
Vision: Computer, phone, client interaction
Goal oriented, with a focus on strategy and solutions excellence. Able to handle multiple competing priorities, manage “big picture”, and delegate appropriately.
Ability and willingness to travel out of state and overnight on occasion for meetings and events.
This position is vital to the success of NAHQ and the person must bring, in addition to professional knowledge, a personality well-suited to work with numerous individuals (staff, members, vendors, sponsors, etc.). NAHQ is a collaborative, innovative, and open environment that asks its staff to demonstrate ethical behavior and business practices that align with the values of the organization.
Looking for Healthcare Quality Positions?
Search through hundreds of job listings in the NAHQ Career Center. You can post your profile for free to gain visibility with employers.