NAHQ Employment Opportunities
Founded in 1976, the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) is the only organization dedicated to healthcare quality professionals, defining the standard of excellence for the profession, and equipping professionals and organizations across the continuum of healthcare to meet these standards. NAHQ offers the only accredited certification in healthcare quality the CPHQ®, extensive educational programming, networking opportunities, and career resources to help our members meet the challenges they face and demonstrate their value.
Over the past few years, NAHQ has experienced tremendous growth. NAHQ has nearly doubled revenue in 5 years’ time, to $7.5 million and has increased membership and certification more than 50%. This progress led to NAHQ’s transformation from a shared management model to a stand-alone organization on December 1, 2017. The transition allows for increased agility in meeting member needs, greater autonomy in decision making, and better efficiencies resulting in increased revenue for investing in new programming and services for healthcare quality professionals.
This is an exciting time for NAHQ as we seek to grow market share and expand product and program utilization across the full continuum of healthcare settings. NAHQ intends to move beyond relationships with individuals and expand to provide products and services to institutions in an effort to maintain the upward trend that it is currently experiencing.
We're looking for a team member to fill the following position:
The Analytics Manager is responsible for extracting, manipulating, and analyzing National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) data, and modeling new insights for this growing, best in class, and leading-edge association. This position will work closely with multiple departments and business stakeholders, requiring frequent collaboration, strong communication skills, and a customer service mindset.
- Analyze internal and external data sets to develop actionable insights.
- Partner with NAHQ staff in interpreting data, to co-develop correct statements that are supported by facts.
- Proactively monitor and probe data sets for insights and produce reporting for multiple departments.
- Implement processes to automate custom reporting.
- Provide quality assurance in reports by fulfilling check routines and performing data validation.
Strategy and Integration (25%)
- Partner with key stakeholders to provide insights in support of business goals.
- Work across departments to identify best practice solutions to solve complex information challenges.
- Support leadership in aligning data insights and recommendations with the overall strategic plan for the business.
- Identify gaps in processes and data and act as a catalyst for problem solving and process creation, improvement, and implementation.
Other Duties (25%)
- Document and understand the organization’s data lineage.
- Contribute to strong data governance.
- Learn and report on new developments in the area of business intelligence.
- Support other business needs of the organization as defined by the Director of Technology and Digital Services.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: 5+ years providing data insights in a professional environment. Similar internship or volunteer experience will be considered.
- Written and oral presentation experience, as this role is heavily client-facing.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred but not required:
- Salesforce CRM
- Embedded analytics
- Application Programming Interfaces
- Statistical analysis with large data sets
- ETL (extract, transform, load) Tools
- Predictive modeling
- Understanding of machine learning principles
- Data lakes and data warehouses
- SQL and statistical programming (R, Python, SAS, etc.)
- Proficiency in creating data visualizations in Excel and at least one data modeling tool (Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
- Ability to draft graphs, reports, and presentations in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Adaptability: demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency with a prioritized work load.
- Behave ethically: understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Dependability: achieve a high degree of work quality and demonstrate rigor in achieving report accuracy.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Sitting: 80%
- Standing/Walking/Demonstrating: 20%
- Lifting: Depends on position - will us proactive safety measures
- Vision: Computer, phone, client interaction
- Goal oriented, fast-paced, with a focus on service excellence. Able to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to travel up to 5% annually.
- This position is vital to the success of NAHQ and the person must bring, in addition to professional knowledge, a personality well suited to work with numerous individuals (staff, members, vendors, sponsors, etc.). NAHQ is a collaborative, innovative, and open environment that asks its staff to be responsible for multiple programs, utilizing a variety of skills.
Looking for Healthcare Quality Positions?
Search through hundreds of job listings in the NAHQ Career Center. You can post your profile for free to gain visibility with employers.