HQ Essentials: Competencies for the Healthcare Quality Profession is a resource to guide you and your organization to ensure you are well prepared to continue to serve and lead in the healthcare quality roles of today and tomorrow. HQ Essentials define industry-elevating competencies for advanced and master professionals in healthcare quality in six key areas:
- Performance and Process Improvement
- Population Health and Care Transitions
- Health Data Analytics
- Patient Safety
- Regulatory and Accreditation
- Quality Review and Accountability
Who Can Benefit from HQ Essentials
- expand your knowledge of advanced and master competencies
- assess your knowledge and skill sets related to the competencies
- increase your marketability
- ensure your workplace meets standards of excellence in healthcare quality
- inform strategy around your quality infrastructure programming and staffing models
- build a healthcare team that speaks a common language and utilizes principles and practices to communicate clearly
- inform the recruiting and hiring process for yourself or your staff
Learn how Lifespan, a comprehensive, integrated, academic health system in Rhode Island, saved millions and improved quality throughout its system by using HQ Essentials.
Engage with HQ Essentials
Our tools and learning opportunities help you assess, learn, and engage with the HQ Essentials:
- Career services, such as our At Work Profiles, help you learn from your peers about different career paths. Our Career Center provides you with available opportunities in healthcare quality
- Educational opportunities related to the six areas of HQ Essentials.
Use of HQ Essentials Copyrighted Material
If you would like to use HQ Essentials for improving your organization's healthcare quality structure or workforce, let us know more about your goals, how you plan to use this resource, and request permission by completing the form below. A NAHQ representative will contact you regarding your request.
If you would like to use HQ Essentials to positively affect corporate culture by assessing and improving the competencies of your workforce and evolving your organization's healthcare quality structures, request permission by completing the form below. A NAHQ representative will contact you regarding your request.
External Organizations Building Derivative Work Products
If you would like to produce derivative works from HQ Essentials, begin your permission request by providing your contact information and goals in the form below. A NAHQ representative will contact you to further discuss your goals and request.
HQ Essentials Form
Thank you for your interest in HQ Essentials. Please complete this form, and a NAHQ representative will be in touch within five business days.