Position Yourself for Career Advancement with the CPHQ
Join the ranks of nearly 15,000 CPHQ certified healthcare quality professionals.
What healthcare leaders are saying about the value of the CPHQ...
Earn the CPHQ
The Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) is the only accredited certification in healthcare quality. It validates your knowledge of healthcare quality practices and competencies.
What You'll Gain
Through the CPHQ, you'll demonstrate your commitment to advancing healthcare quality. Earn this sought-after credential to
- Showcase your competence in healthcare quality and commitment to the profession
- Distinguish yourself from other healthcare professionals focused on quality
- Enhance your credibility with peers and your broader network
- Signal your readiness to improve health outcomes
- Position yourself to take on new opportunities and roles
The Value of CPHQ
Employers value the CPHQ. In fact, more job postings for healthcare quality and related leadership roles on NAHQ’s Career Center either require or strongly prefer CPHQs. NAHQ research shows CPHQs
- Work at higher levels of competency compared to non-CPHQs in all eight domains of NAHQ’s Healthcare Quality Competency Framework
- Aspire to be thought leaders within the healthcare quality arena
- Are more likely to hold higher job titles than those who do not have CPHQ. Job titles include: director, executive director, vice president
Are you ready for CPHQ?
Test your learning with NAHQ's learning path quiz or prepare for exam day with NAHQ’s prep products!
Need More Info?
Want to learn more about the CPHQ but don’t know where to start? Register for an upcoming complimentary CPHQ Info Session or watch a recording of a recent Info Session! Or contact us and we'll send you information.
- The CPHQ exam is scored on a scale of 200 to 800, with 600 being the passing score. For more information on scaled scoring and how it is applied to the CPHQ exam, please review this document for more information.
- The CPHQ exam is the only fully accredited credential in the field of healthcare quality.
- The CPHQ is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), which is the accrediting arm of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence.
- The NCCA reviews certifying organizations against a set of rigorous standards and grants accreditation to those who are able to meet those requirements.
- The NCCA promotes excellence in competency assurance for practitioners in all occupations and professions by approving their certification processes.
- It assures the public and employers of the quality, validity and legal defensibility of the CPHQ credential and attests to the professional commitment of those who achieve this recognition.
- To maintain this accreditation status, NAHQ must apply for reaccreditation every 5 years. The CPHQ exam is currently accredited through 2023, and we will apply for reaccreditation at that time.
- COVID-19 has put quality and safety center stage, and those with a strong quality toolkit are thriving in this public health crisis. Once we reach a post-pandemic time, healthcare professionals who possess these quality tools and competencies, embodied by the gold-standard CPHQ credential, will continue to be viewed as invaluable leaders and contributors to their organization.
- CPHQ candidates and certificants span the continuum of care and hold positions at various levels in their healthcare career. While there are no formal requirements to sit for the CPHQ exam, it is recommended that candidates have at least 2 years of experience in healthcare quality.
- There are no formal eligibility requirements to sit for the exam. It is recommended that candidates have at least 2 years of experience in the healthcare quality profession. The exam is written with the 2-year healthcare quality professional in mind. Please refer to the content outline for detailed content information and tools to assess readiness.