Last modified: August 31, 2019
The National Association for Healthcare Quality ("NAHQ," "we," “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit any of the following websites:
(collectively, “Websites") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites;
- In email, texts, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites;
- Through mobile applications you download from the Websites or an application store, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Websites or our server; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertisements include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by NAHQ or any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites or mobile applications.
2. Children Under the Age of 18.
Our Websites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Websites or on or through any of its features, register on the Websites, make any purchases through the Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or your screen name or username. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please refer to the information provided in the Contact Information section below and contact us.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email, telephone number, fax number, social media handles, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as survey responses and demographic information (e.g., gender, birthdate, certifications earned, highest degree earned, primary position, primary responsibility, primary work setting, primary work industry, leadership positions, and years of experience);
- About your payment, such as credit card information; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies;
- From third-parties (e.g., your employer or our contractors); and
- Via publicly available sources (e.g., Facebook and Twitter)
3.1 Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, subscribing to our services, using our services, accessing our services, posting material, or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites; and/or
- Your search queries on our Websites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on the Websites, or transmitted to other users of the Websites or third-parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
3.2 Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources you access and use on the Websites; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt-out of behavioral tracking on the Websites and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise their choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third-parties. That information helps us improve our Websites and deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Analytics Cookies. We use Google Analytics for our website analytics. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our services work. You can find more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. You can disable Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plugin here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third-parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below.
5. How We Use Your Information.
We use information we collect about you or that you provide us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide through them;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any purpose consistent with our exempt purpose; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information this way, please adjust your user preferences in the Manage Preferences page of the Websites. For more information, see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below.
6. Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our employees.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of NAHQ's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by NAHQ about our Websites’ users is among the assets transferred;
- To third-parties to market their products or services to you if you consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third-parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below;
- To third-parties for work-force development purposes;
- To third-parties in NAHQ’s discretion, consistent with, and to advance, its exempt purpose;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NAHQ, our members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
We do not control third-parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third-parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
8. Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Websites and visiting your account profile under the Edit My Profile section of our Websites.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Websites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Websites.
California residents have additional personal information choices, see the California Privacy Requests section below.
9. California Privacy Requests.
10. Data Security.
We implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored either on our secure server behind firewalls or by our third-party hosting vendors. Any payment transactions with us are encrypted using SSL technology and processed through our third-party payment solution provider (BrightKey).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites (like message boards). The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. ANY TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CIRCUMVENTION OF ANY PRIVACY SETTINGS OR SECURITY MEASURES CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITES.
12. Contact Information.
National Association for Healthcare Quality
8600 West Bryn Mawr Avenue, Suite 710 N
Chicago, Illinois 60631