Gain fundamental knowledge of healthcare quality through this online, self-paced program. HQ Principles is appropriate for those new to healthcare quality, or anyone seeking to refresh and improve their understanding of basic healthcare quality concepts.
Group Pricing is also available.
HQ Principles introduces fundamental quality and patient safety principles, methodologies, and concepts that enable healthcare quality professionals to expand their knowledge and integrate quality into practice settings.
- Interactive content and narration
- Pre-and-post assessments
- Resource Guide
HQ Principles includes:
- Quality improvement tools that can be downloaded and used for your own improvement initiatives
- Case studies that demonstrate healthcare improvement projects and use of quality tools
- Data visualization tools
- Professional development plan
- Downloadable, participant workbook with quality improvement tools
What is awarded upon successful completion of the course?
Participants who complete the program (80% on the post test) and complete all six modules of the online program will earn a certificate of completion. HQ Principles is not a credentialing program. It may not be utilized behind your name or in your signature line.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation; credit for this course will expire on December 21, 2022.
Program Outline & Learning Objectives
Module 1: The Evolution of Healthcare Quality
- Define quality in terms of healthcare
- Describe the synergies between Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- Link knowledge of legislative mandates, regulatory agencies, accreditation processes, and transparency to understanding how the consumer makes an informed choice.
Module 2: Principles of Quality Improvement
- Identify the key principles of Quality Improvement: Structure and Scope; Governance and Leadership; Customer Focus and Feedback; Systems, Data, and Monitoring; and Teamwork.
Module 3: Quality Improvement Processes and Methods
- Identify different Quality Improvement methods
- Describe the Plan Do Study Act method and be able to discuss an example
Module 4: Using Data to Make Decisions
- Describe the importance of data and measurement in healthcare quality
- Develop knowledge of Root Cause Analysis and when to use it
- Identify basic QI data tools and when to use them
Module 5: Teamwork at All Levels of the Organization
- List key factors for successful quality improvement teams
- Describe different brainstorming methods
- Describe the importance of effective change management
Module 6: Putting it all Together: Driving Healthcare Quality into the Future
- Connect key concepts of modules together
- Identify the drivers of healthcare quality
- Describe your role in healthcare quality
For on-demand web based products: Web browser and internet connection; pop-up windows enabled; Adobe flash player; computer equipped with audio output (speakers or headphones).
For permission requests or proper usage information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the publisher at the address below:
National Association for Healthcare Quality
8600 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue, Suite 710 N
Chicago, IL 60631
Copyright © by the National Association for Healthcare Quality. All rights reserved. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act of 1976, no part of this publication may be reproduced or distributed in any form or by any means, including but not limited to the process of scanning and digitization, or stored in a database or retrieval system without the prior written permission of the publisher.
5.75 CPHQ credits
5.75 CNE credits
$249.00 - Members
$349.00 - Nonmembers
JHQ 281: Using Lean Performance Improvement for Patient-Centered Medical Home Transformation at an Academic Public Hospital
Earn CPHQ Continuing Education credit by engaging ...Read More