This award recognizes a dynamic and professional NAHQ member who displays significant participation and promotes the profession of healthcare quality.
Eligible candidates will be a NAHQ member for at least the last two consecutive years. Candidates may be self-nominated or nominated by a NAHQ member. Members of the Board, Recognition of the Profession Commission, Awards Team, Honorary members, and NAHQ staff are ineligible for the award during their term of service.
All the requirements listed below must be clearly evidenced in the nominee’s application:
- NAHQ member for two consecutive years.
- Letter of support from one NAHQ member.
- Involvement: NAHQ team member (list participation activities in NAHQ) from the past five years.
- Participation in local, state and/or national healthcare quality association in a leadership or project team member role from the past five years.
- Contribution of at least two of the following. List all that qualify.
- Presentations of healthcare quality topic(s) at local, state or national workshops, seminars or conferences.
- Publication of healthcare quality topic(s) in a professional journal.
- Teaching at college or junior college level instruction in healthcare quality.
- Other contribution to healthcare quality, such as mentoring others, teaching healthcare quality, participation in the development of state or national legislation related to healthcare quality, etc.