External Options for Exam Preparation
Some suggested preparation for the CPHQ exam might include but should not be limited to the following resources:
- The Janet A. Brown Healthcare Quality Handbook: A Professional Resource and Study Guide 30th Edition, Brown, Janet A. and Mellott, Susan (2018)
- Essentials of Managed Health Care (6th ed, 2013) , edited by Peter R. Kongstvedt.
- Facilitating with Ease, Ingrid Bens (2018)
- Preventing Medication Errors, Institute of Medicine. (2007).
- Understanding Patient Safety, Robert Wachter. (2017).
- Storytelling with Data, Cole N. Knaflic (2015)
- The Quality Toolbox, Nancy Tague. (2010).
- Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook, Michael George, David Rowlans, Mark Price, & John Maxey. (2005).
- The Memory Jogger™ 2, 2nd edition. Michael Brassard, (2010). www.goalqpc.com
- The Healthcare Quality Book: Vision, Strategy, and Tools (3rd ed.) Maulik S Joshi, and Elizabeth R. Ransom (2014) ISBN-13: 978-1567935905; Publisher Health Administration Press.
- Quality Chasm Series: Patient Safety—Achieving a New Standard for Care, Institute of Medicine. (2004).
- The Team Handbook, 3rd edition, Peter Scholtes, Brian Joiner, & Barbara Streibel. (2004).
- The Lean Enterprises Memory Jogger, Richard L. Macinnes & Carolann Scherer (2011).
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality: www.ahrq.gov
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: www.ihi.org/Pages/default.aspx
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices: www.ismp.org
You can also prepare using NAHQ's CPHQ Prep products.