How Much Should Organizations Budget for Quality and Safety?
How Many People Should We Have Working in Quality and Safety?
NAHQ’s benchmarking program provides meaningful data to support improved decision-making by organizations in healthcare quality resourcing. This proven approach was designed in collaboration with national quality leaders.
The benchmarking program enable organizations to
- Develop a data-driven business case for needed resources
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of your efforts
- Inform your organization’s resourcing requirements
- Make comparisons with peer organizations possible
Participate in the Quality and Safety Benchmarking Study
As a healthcare organization leader, you are often tasked with determining the right amount of staff and budget for quality and safety for an organization your size. NAHQ is partnering with Endeavor Analytics to help you benchmark with peer organizations.
Your participation in the Quality and Safety Benchmarking Study will empower you and your leadership with information to make better decisions. Participate and contribute your data, confidentially, and in return, receive meaningful, valid data to help you make better strategic and tactical decisions and develop a data-driven business case for the resources you need (and your patients deserve).
A Working Group of top healthcare quality and safety executives with overall budget responsibility developed the benchmarking survey with NAHQ and Endeavor Analytics. They represented large and small hospitals and health systems to make sure this program would meet the needs of a broad range of hospitals and health systems and provide you the information you need to make informed resource decisions. Participants can select from twenty quality and safety expense categories to report budget dollars and FTEs, and report on a centralized or decentralized budget basis.
The approach has been designed to ask the questions that matter most, make it easy to provide your data, compare yourself to peers of your choice and evaluate your resource allocation in a comprehensive way.
Engage with Us
Compare your quality budgets and headcounts to your peers through this unique program.
- Healthcare system demographics/profile data for comparisons
- Functional areas supported for each of the domains in the NAHQ industry standard, Healthcare Quality Competency Framework
- Detailed breakdown of the level of resources (budget and headcount) dedicated to twenty unique Quality and Safety functions
- Centralized vs. de-centralized resource distribution/management
Get started developing your workforce today.
More From NAHQ
The Healthcare Quality Workforce Report
Highlights the gains made from training on industry-standard quality competencies.