Whether you seek practical content to apply immediately to your daily job or cutting edge content to build your professional competencies, NAHQ offers webinars to help take your learning to the next level in order to advance the profession.
Can’t attend live? All on demand webinars are complimentary to NAHQ members. Access them through the Catalog.
Learning Labs offer practical knowledge you need now! Up to one hour of CPHQ CE is awarded for each webinar. If you are a NAHQ member, please complete the entire purchase process at $0 in order to secure your registration. You will receive an order confirmation upon completion. Access instructions will be sent separately prior to the Learning Lab.
Not a member? Join NAHQ, and you’ll receive complimentary access to Learning Labs!
Date/Time: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 12 - 1 pm CT
Speaker: Cheri Graham-Clark MSN, RN, CPHQ, CPHRM, ASQ CSSBB, FNAHQ
The purpose of this session is to provide how to apply practical tools such as the NAHQ leadership development model and HQ Essentials for new quality leaders.
Utilizing tools in leadership can accelerate the success of new quality leaders during transitions. Obstacles such as staff engagement, and organizational understanding of quality and the quality professionals’ role are common. Having an objective approach of assessment of self as a leader, staff competency and organizational knowledge and capacity allows for thinking and acting within a framework during accelerate professional learning. The ability to focus on the right quality work in the organization, the right development work for success of the quality staff and still have time left for your own leadership development as a quality leader are paramount to survival in today’s healthcare landscape.
- By the end of the session the participants will be able to list in a 3-2-1 handout at least three concepts that they learned on self, staff and organizational assessment.
- By the end of the session the participants will be able outline in a 3-2-1 handout and choose two tools that they can incorporate into their work as quality leaders.
- By the end of the session the participants will be able to discuss with other session participants one leadership concept or tool that they will investigate further after the session and document it on a 3-2-1 handout.
Industry Insights provide you with cutting edge content you need to be prepared for what’s next! CE credit is not offered for Industry Insights.
Quality Reporting: 2018 and Beyond
Date/Time: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12 - 1 pm CT
Speaker: Dr. Zahid Butt, MD, FACG
Medisolv, President & Chief Executive Officer
Tying payments to performance across quality and cost dimensions requires robust measurement and reporting. Hospitals and providers, however, are demanding relief from regulatory burdens including quality reporting. What gives?
In response to both internal needs and external pressures, CMS continues to propose dramatic changes in its Quality Reporting programs. While this session will primarily focus on these hospital and ambulatory changes for quality reporting in 2018, future reporting trends and lessons applicable across the continuum of care will also be discussed. In addition, we’ll share some strategies that will help you to better manage multiple measure types for the major regulatory reporting programs.
- Review 2018 reporting requirements and discuss future trends in quality reporting.
- Gain insight into what quality reporting is likely to look like beyond 2018.
- Learn strategies to help you stay on top of the complex and changing reporting requirements year after year.